Q&A #8568

Ratio and proportion lesson plan

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 19, 2002 at 06:45:45
Subject: Re: Ratio and proportion lesson plan

Dear Kathi, This might not be exactly what you had in mind, but I wrote this lesson to use with 7th graders: Leonardo da Vinci Activity http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/math/leonardo.html The question posed at the beginning of the lesson is to prove/disprove a statement attributed to Leonardo da Vinci: "The ratio of our arm span to our height equals 1" Another lesson that I have recently written uses the idea of various measurements of the face. How "Phi" Is My Face? http://mathforum.org/te/alejandre/image.cursor/lesson2.html Both lessons might give you some ideas of a lesson for your students. -Suzanne A., for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our online community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®