From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 19, 2002 at 06:45:45
Subject: Re: Ratio and proportion lesson plan

Dear Kathi,

This might not be exactly what you had in mind, but I wrote this lesson to use
with 7th graders:

Leonardo da Vinci Activity
http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/math/leonardo.html

The question posed at the beginning of the lesson is to prove/disprove a
statement attributed to Leonardo da Vinci: "The ratio of our arm span to our
height equals 1"

Another lesson that I have recently written uses the idea of various
measurements of the face.

How "Phi" Is My Face?
http://mathforum.org/te/alejandre/image.cursor/lesson2.html

Both lessons might give you some ideas of a lesson for your students.

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

Thanks for visiting our online community.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/