Q&A #863

Careers in Math Education for non-teacher

View entire discussion

From: Linda Andrews
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 01, 1998 at 13:22:56
Subject: Careers in Math Education for non-teacher

For the past few years I have been toying with the idea of beginning a new career focusing on math education and curriculum development. Unfortunately I have no education background or teaching background (besides teaching college statistics as a grad student). I'm confused as to where to begin. I already have an undergraduate degree in Math and Economics and a MS in Statistics. Do I return to school to earn certification and teach a few years? Then look for a job more in the policy and planning and curriculum development areas. Will any graduate programs take me with out the teaching experience? And what would my chances of getting a job after graduation without the classroom experience. How competitive is the job market in non-teaching jobs related to math education? Thank you so much. Linda

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®