From: Linda Andrews
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 01, 1998 at 13:22:56
Subject: Careers in Math Education for non-teacher

For the past few years I have been toying with the idea of beginning a new
career focusing on math education and curriculum development.
Unfortunately I have no education background or teaching background
(besides teaching college statistics as a grad student).  I'm confused as
to where to begin.  I already have an undergraduate degree in Math and
Economics and a MS in Statistics.

Do I return to school to earn certification and teach a few years?
Then look for a job more in the policy and planning and curriculum
development areas.

Will any graduate programs take me with out the teaching experience?  And
what would my chances of getting a job after graduation without the
classroom experience.

How competitive is the job market in non-teaching jobs related to math
education?

Thank you so much.

Linda

Post a public discussion message