From: Kristina (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 23, 2002 at 00:46:57
Subject: Re: Using stories at middle school

>I am doing PhD research on using stories to help teach math in grade
>levels 5-7. I have seen a number of great lists of math-related story
>books, but most are for K-3 grades. Which stories / trade books would be
>applicable to grades 5-7?
>
>Thanks! --Yafa Ginosar

Hi Yafa,

In case you are still looking for suggestions, here are two from a discussion
group at the Math Forum.

From Krishna:
I came across a page called mathstories.com developed by a father who
wanted to make math more fun for his daughter. Try if u can locate it.
i have not visited it for a while.
Good luck
krishna

From Suz:
I did not think of it at the time, but the older generation of Open
Court Real Math books included thinking stories which might help, if
you can find them-- the stories themselves may be available from the
publishers.

 -Kristina, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question