From: Roya (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 16, 1998 at 23:22:48
Subject: Re: Schedule of classes

I taught 7th and 8th graders last year.  I had them everyday for 45 minutes.
I agree with you that it was difficult to get through the whole curriculum.
It was specially hard to do projects that needed more than 45 minutes.  And
as you know 45 minutes class time, is not 45 minutes instruction time.

But, I had to overcome this problem by:

--Using the class time effectively

--Prepare thoroughly for my classes, I try to be ready for all sure prizes

--Divide up the class into sections where we start as a class, split into
groups and come back together at the end.  This way I was able to rotate
throughout the class helping students.

--Lecture less.  Very difficult task, but one that we teachers have to
overcome

I still had to do one to one tutoring after school, but overall it worked
out.

 -Roya, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question