From: Prof. Andy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 11, 1998 at 00:52:08
Subject: Geometry Textbook "Discovering Geometry" by Michael Serra

If you have used or are using the subject text along with The Geometer's
Sketchpad software and "patty paper" geometry techniques, I'd like to know
how it's working for you .... especially if your prior teaching
experiences were along the lines of the classical 2-column proof variety.

About 3 weeks ago, after trying 1 quarter of classical 2-column proof
geometry, I introduced all of the above to 10th graders at a private high
school and I'm looking for anecdotal evidence .... on a larger scale than
my small class .... that it works. I'd like  to hear of both positive and
negative experiences. Thanks much.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®