Q&A #918

Geometry Textbook "Discovering Geometry" by Michael Serra

View entire discussion

From: Prof. Andy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 11, 1998 at 00:52:08
Subject: Geometry Textbook "Discovering Geometry" by Michael Serra

If you have used or are using the subject text along with The Geometer's Sketchpad software and "patty paper" geometry techniques, I'd like to know how it's working for you .... especially if your prior teaching experiences were along the lines of the classical 2-column proof variety. About 3 weeks ago, after trying 1 quarter of classical 2-column proof geometry, I introduced all of the above to 10th graders at a private high school and I'm looking for anecdotal evidence .... on a larger scale than my small class .... that it works. I'd like to hear of both positive and negative experiences. Thanks much.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®