From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 19, 2002 at 11:32:54
Subject: Re: Graphing calculator for low vision student

Hello Julie,

I sent an email to Texas Instruments asking for ideas of what could be done
to help your student and received the following reply:

Jeanne,

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments, an educational technology
company.

The only emulator produced by Texas Instruments was for the TI-81. We do
not have any other emulator software for other graphing handhelds. The
TI-81 emulator can be found at the following web address:

http://education.ti.com/us/product/tech/81/down/emu.html

I suggest that you contact the Center for Rehab Technology. This Atlanta-based
company searches for products for the visually and hearing impaired. They
provide the service at no cost to the consumer.

Center for Rehab Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology
1-800-726-9119
1-404-894-4960

Please note that they are a referral service, and do not actually manufacture
calculators.

I  can also provide you with the name and address of a company that has an
impressive range of products aiding the visually impaired from large print
to Braille and "talking" items.  We suggest you contact the Lighthouse at the
following address:

The Lighthouse
36-01 Northern Boulevard
Long Island City,  NY  11101-1614
(800) 829-0500

There are also other numerous web sites that offer various sources of
information for the disabled. Some of these web sites are listed below.

http://www.beyondsight.com/
http://www.tsbvi.edu/math/vendors.htm
http://www.tsbvi.edu/math/tools-lv.001
http://viewplustech.com/
http://www.goldedtech.com/index.htm

I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Jamie Kim

Texas Instruments
An Educational Technology Company
E-mail: ti-cares@ti.com
General Info: (800) 842-2737
Technical Help: (972) 917-8324

Get answers to your questions on TI products, 24/7, through our
new KnowledgeBase at http://education.ti.com/global/support.html

Hope this helps!

 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message