Q&A #9407

Graphing calculator for low vision student

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Jeanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Sep 19, 2002 at 11:32:54
Subject: Re: Graphing calculator for low vision student

Hello Julie,

I sent an email to Texas Instruments asking for ideas of what could be done
to help your student and received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments, an educational technology

The only emulator produced by Texas Instruments was for the TI-81. We do
not have any other emulator software for other graphing handhelds. The
TI-81 emulator can be found at the following web address:

I suggest that you contact the Center for Rehab Technology. This Atlanta-based
company searches for products for the visually and hearing impaired. They
provide the service at no cost to the consumer.

Center for Rehab Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology

Please note that they are a referral service, and do not actually manufacture

I  can also provide you with the name and address of a company that has an
impressive range of products aiding the visually impaired from large print
to Braille and "talking" items.  We suggest you contact the Lighthouse at the
following address:

The Lighthouse
36-01 Northern Boulevard
Long Island City,  NY  11101-1614
(800) 829-0500

There are also other numerous web sites that offer various sources of
information for the disabled. Some of these web sites are listed below.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Jamie Kim

Texas Instruments
An Educational Technology Company
E-mail: ti-cares@ti.com
General Info: (800) 842-2737
Technical Help: (972) 917-8324

Get answers to your questions on TI products, 24/7, through our
new KnowledgeBase at http://education.ti.com/global/support.html

Hope this helps!

 -Jeanne, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message