Thank You Teacher2Teacher! (T2T®)

From: R.K.
Subject: Re: Effective and attention-catching ways of learning long division procedure

Dear Gail:

Thank you for your so-quick reply. I will try it Monday!

Sincerely, R.K.

From: S.R.
Subject: Re: Activity Lesson for Trig. Identities

Dear Marielouise and Kimberley,

Thank you so much for your quick response. It's good to know I'm not alone out here.

Mrs. R.

From: C.A.B.
Subject: Re: Hexadecimals and colors/html

Suzanne,

Thanks for all the feedback. It has been a tremendous help to our project.

C.A.B.

From: M.
Subject: Re: Activities using scale

Kimberley and Jeanne,

Thanks so much, the ideas are great. I especially like the one about building a 3-d scale model of the classroom. I think that one might really help!

M.

From: S.A.
Subject: Creating Tests

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you so much for this very helpful site. It does have some very useful worksheets and a good scope and sequence.

S.A.

From: N.T.
Subject: Re: Japanese Math methods

Dear Roya,

Thank you very much for your speedy and informative reply to my message. You have been very helpful.

From: K.C.
Subject: Re: Different Math Methods

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you so much for finding info on Everyday Math, TERC, and Marilyn Burns.
I am going to the sites now. Thanks again,

K.C.

From: M.D.P.
Subject: Re: Magic Squares

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I am in grad. school and I had an assignment due. I realized the concept of magic squares was a little too hard for my grade level. I wanted input from other educators.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

M.D.P.

From: J.W.
Subject: Re: Teaching Math

Dear Sharon T,

Mahalo for your help! I went to www.nctm.org and it was a great site. Thanks!

J.W.

From: M.S.
Subject: Re: Directed Numbers

Jeanne,

This is just a quick note to say thank you so very much for your useful and prompt reply to my question. I look forward to using your ideas and I can't stress enough just how appreciative I am.

Thank you, M.S.

From: J.B.
Subject: Re: graphing lines using the geometer's sketchpad

Dear Pat Ballew,

Thank you very much. I tried it and it works. I had used the locus function in the past and couldn't remember how to do it again.

J.B.

From: S.S.
Subject: Re: best colleges for math major

Claudia,

Thanks very much for your response and your advice. The internet should be an easy place to get advice, but as you probably know, you can't always get the answers you are seeking there!! When I research individual universities, it's like seeing ads on TV -- they are all wonderful!! When I search in sites such as US News and World Report for math as a major, I get 100s of responses as all colleges offer math! Because my son is so very passionate about math, he wants to go to a university that will have a wonderful math staff and lots of courses to choose from, as well as the opportunity to do research.
I will check up on the Putnam Award...thanks for the tip.
My husband and I are also math teachers....actually he teaches HS math and I used to until I had my kids. After many years on child care, I returned to a local school to teach adult ed part time. We are in NY.
Thanks again.

S.S.

From: S.S.

Dear Roya,

Thanks for the very thorough reply. I have forwarded it to my son who will have to make some decisions very soon. I think he would love the environment in a place like Berkeley, but I would hate for him to be 3000 miles away!!

S.S.

From: W.G.
Subject: Re: B.A.M. instruction

Dear Susan Socha and Jeanne,

Thank you for taking so much of your time to find out this great description of the program. It makes so much more sense now, Understanding by Design. I agree that it sounds like what I was told to do. I've made a copy of our correspondence and will use it to better communicate with the DC. My assignment is to prepare all 30 of the CORD books. Sounds unrealistic doesn't it?

Thanks again you two. Sincerely, W.G.

From: J.F.
Subject: Re: National Council of Math Teacher's Magazine

Dear Sharon T,

Thank you very much. I knew that this site was the place to go to for answers.

J.F.

From: S.B.
Subject: Re: lesson planning

Dear Jeanne,

I am practically in tears over here! The fact that you cared enough to respond so quickly means so much to me! I will check the sites you recommended immediately! Thank you again and again!

S.B.

From: C.F.
Subject: Re: Connecting hands-on and technology for remedial math

Dear Jackie,

Your suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will definitely be looking into them.

C.F.

From: V.L.D.
Subject: Thank you Gail

Gail,
Thank you so much for responding so quickly to my question about coordinate graphs. You made my job much clearer and easier to do. With your help I think I can now do a good job with this lesson. Thanks again.

V.L.D.

From: R.B.
Subject: IEP

Dear Suzanne,

I wrote to you asking about Individualized Education Planning, and I just wanted to say thanks very much for helping me out! I appreciate it.

Thanks again, R.B.

From: A.C.
Subject: Re: Textbooks

Thank you for your response about math textbooks! I actually have already requested copies of Discovering Algebra and Advanced Algebra through Data Exploration. I was delighted when I received word that there was an algebra "equivalent" to Discovering Geometry, which I am somewhat familiar with, but I teach only algebra. I appreciate your feedback as a (former) teacher!

A.C.

More "Thank Yous"

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/