Hosted by The Math Forum
All problems © Copyright 1997 Stan Wagon. Reproduced with permission.
- Putnam problem notes
- Problem 851: Lattice tie a knot
- Problem 850: Squarely sorted
- Problem 849: Alice Rosencrantz and Bob Guildenstern
- Problem 848: An odd Egyptian puzzle
- Problem 847: Cover the triangle
- Problem 846: A pleasurable puzzle
- Problem 845: How not to shuffle 351 times
- Problem 844: The Integers of 1996
- Problem 843: Sums of powers of two
- Problem 842: E-Mail magic
- Problem 841: How many squares?
- Problem 840: Martin Gardner's April Fool's map
Please don't ask us for answers! Solutions for almost every problem are posted to the mailing list for almost every problem, but at Professor Wagon's request we do not reproduce them here. If you can't sleep without knowing the answer to one of these problems, please contact Professor Wagon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help