Math Forum | Workshops
Agenda | Sets of Data | How to Download Data to Spreadsheets
- Area and Perimeter Model, by Ellen Massey and Jill Vinke
- Using this spreadsheet model, a student will be able to compare the relationships between area and perimeter of a rectangle, right triangle, and a circle. The student can discover these relationships by changing a dimension of the object and seeing how both area and perimeter change.
- Clock Investigation: Angles, by Jon Basden
- A two-period lesson plan in which students think through the process of determining how many times in a 24 hour period the hands of a clock will form a right angle.
- Chi-Square, a lesson on accidents at a factory, by Amar Patel
- This is a lesson about statistics, in particular the chi-square statistic. The material in this lesson will enable you to be able to understand statistical terms such as expectation, significance, and chi-square.
- Immigrants: The Irish Experience in Boston 1840 and The Immigrants' Experience Today, by Richard Levine
- An integrated social studies, English, math and science unit for middle and high school students that uses computer information-gathering, word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Students investigate the causes of emigration and the effects of immigration on people and society, using all levels of Bloom's Taxonomy and a wide variety of products.
- What's the City Mileage of a Typical American Car? by Ed Malczewski
- Analyze the data and find an average for the mileages of American cars.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help