Using Technology and Problem Solving to Build Algebraic Reasoning
CMC-South, November 2-3, 2007
Suzanne Alejandre, the Math Forum @ Drexel
- In the Math Forum's Online Algebraic Reasoning Workshop we investigate some mathematics topics common to middle school curricula within the theme of algebraic reasoning. In this context participants explore the Math Tools digital library and several software tools that contribute in some way to mathematical understanding, problem solving, reflection and discussion.
Since January 7, 2007, we have completed thirteen sections (six workshops) of the workshop. Four additional workshops are scheduled starting January 14, 2008 with applications open on December 24, 2007.
- Orienting Questions
- What are the various forms of algebraic reasoning?
- What helps students to develop these as much as they can?
- What are some of the key hurdles or difficult transitions for students to make?
- How can online tools help?
- Let's Do Math!
- More Math!
- Temperature Change
- Galactic Exchange II
- Miranda and the Rookie
- Traffic Jam
- Math Tools
- Overview and Registration (free)
- Navigating Math Tools
- Browse, Rate, Review, Discuss and using My MathTools
- Other Math Forum Resources
- Making Effective Use of Math Forum Resources
- Ask Dr. Math and Dr. Math books
- Teacher2Teacher (T2T®)
- Teacher Exchange
- Problems of the Week
- Contact Information
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help