0:00 Introductions, Review AgendaSaturday (a three-hour session with each group)
0:15 Overview of the Internet
0:30 Small group discussions and preparation of public postings on:
- What are the problems to be solved and the improvements to be made in mathematics teacher education?
- How might the Internet address these?
0:50 Configure the web browsers. Introduce workshop web page. Explain URL.
1:10 Introduce mailing lists, newsgroups, and using the browser to read, reply, and post.
1:25 Post group reflections on opening questions (see above) to NCTM-L and read math discussion groups.
1:50 Introduce the Web and browser functions. Explain use of bookmarks. Present starting points for exploration:
2:45 Finish explorations and building of bookmark lists. Check mail and discussion groups for replies to postings. Prepare for tomorrow's posting of the first exploration results.
- Math Forum Teachers' Place (selected links)
- Math Forum Internet Mathematics Resource Collection (full database)
- Forum's Math Education section (selected links)
- Math Education section of Forum's Internet Resource Collection (full list)
0:00 Read and reply to mail and newsgroup postings
0:30 Post findings and comments from the previous day's search. Steve collected some bookmarks to items not yet in our collection.
1:00 Discuss strategies for finding resources and return to explorations.
2:00 Group discussion of where we go from here.
2:30 Post final reflections on the usefulness of what was found and plans for use of the Internet. Fill out feedback form.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help