A workshop designed for the Lockheed Martin Ambassadors in Moorestown, New Jersey.
- Annie Fetter and Suzanne Alejandre from the Math Forum @ Drexel
- Sharing Our Experiences Activity
- Sharing successful and less successful experiences we've had in schools.
- Debrief Group Activity
- Traffic Jam Activity
- How fast can you get your plastic people to change sides!
- Try the Traffic Jam Applet
- Traffic Jam tPoW
- Where's the Math?
- Traffic Jam Solutions and Reflections
- Writing the Answer Algebraically
- Talking About Traffic Jam
- Point out the characteristics of working with students this way.
- Elements of Engagement
- Planning and Modifying Presentations
- Plan a new idea or modify an existing presentation using any of the ideas presented today.
- Wrap Up and Questions
- Short reports from each group about how they will use their ideas.
- Helpful Link
- People Counters - ETA/Cuisenaire
© 1994- Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.