Rutgers/Lucent ALLIES IN TEACHING MATHEMATICS AND TECHNOLOGY Grant
Using technology not simply to do things better, but to do better things.
Professional Development Session ... 14 March 01
8:30 - 10:00 Introduction to GEOMETER'S SKETCHPAD
- Tour 1: Getting to Know Sketchpad
- Using Sketchpad With Algebra
- Using Sketchpad With Geometry
- You can do a quick self assessment with this Skill Check.
10:00 - 11:30 Introduction to The MATH FORUM
- We will use a special Introductory Tour to discover the major services and features of the Math Forum site.
11:30 - 12:15 LUNCH
12:15 - 1:45 Introduction to the MicroWorlds of SimCalc
1:45 - 2:45 Exploration Time
- Here it is - an opportunity to explore resources in a supportive professional environment.
Please use this time to find and evaluate resources, or to become more familiar with the Geometer's Sketchpad or the SimCalc MicroWorlds.
You might also want to talk with your colleagues about how these resources could be incorporated into your instructional program here in Essex County.
2:45 - 3:00 Evaluation and Next Steps
Return to Index Page
THE MATH FORUM: Creating community, developing resources, constructing knowledge...