Professional Development Session ..... 18 October 2K
8:30 - 11:00
Working with the Lucent Problem of the Week
- previewing the pre-PoW class presentation
- submitting solutions to the active problems
- anticipating student responses
- developing an action plan for the use of PoWs
11:00 - 12:00
Searching for resources on the Math Forum site
12:00 - 1:00
Lunch and School Planning
1:00 - 2:20
Working with The Geometer's Sketchpad
- Review for some: Can you...?
- construct a scalable 3-4-5 right triangle, and measure the acute angles? Can you confirm that the altitude to the hypotenuse is the mean proprtional of the segments into which it divides the hypotenuse?
- show/hide the equation of line with an action button?
- construct a "slider" for a parameter in a general equation?
- create a script for finding the centers of a triangle?
- New geometric work for some:
- construct the following polygons using Euclidean construction strategies: regular triangle, quadrilateral and pentagon; trapezoid; rhombus; kite
- determine which of the polygons listed above are as or more simply constructed in GSP using Transformational construction strategies
2:20 - 2:30
How Can We Help You Move Forward?