Technology is the Plate!
Tools that Enhance Elementary Problem Solving
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Atlanta, GA ~ 21 March 2007
The Role of Technology
- Helps students uncover the math, understand and solve problems
- Provides multiple ways to
model/represent the math of the problem
- Fosters visualization of the problem situation
- Removes the tedium and allows students to focus on the ideas
- Facilitates pattern discovery
- Makes richer mathematics accessible to more children.
- Motivates students.
- Helps students communicate the results of their learning
- Greater variety
© 1994-2007 The Math Forum