Points "Lining Up" in the Plane Activity
Math Forum Resources
Alignment to Radnor Township School District Mathematics Standards and Benchmarks:
- Standard 2: Geometry and Measurement Concepts
- Apply the properties of one-, two- and three- dimensional geometric figures to describe, reason and solve problems about shape, size, position, and motion of objects.
- model situations geometrically to formulate and solve problems (6)
- Standard 3: Function and Algebra Concepts
- Algebraically represent, model, analyze and solve mathematical and real-world problems involving paterns and functional relationships.
- discover, describe and generalize patterns (8)
- represent realationships with tables, graphs in the coordinate plane and verbal or symbolic rules (8)
- analyze tables, graphs and rules to determine functional relationships (8)
Correlation with the MathThematics textbook:
- Book 1
- p. 2 Patterns and Sequences
- p. 282 Equations and Graphs
- p. 283 "ordered pair"
- p. 284 "axes, coordinate grid"
- p. 513 Graphing Ordered Pairs
- Book 2
- p. 3 Line Graphs
- p. 14 Modeling Sequences
- p. 92 Coordinate Graphing
- p. 93 "ordered pair"
- p. 95 "axes, coordinate"
- p. 456 Graphs
- Book 3
- p. 179 Graphing Equations
- p. 193 Using Equations
- p. 331 Slopes and Equations of Lines
- p. 468 Graphs and Functions
- p. 482 Linear Equations and Problem Solving
Math Forum Resources:
Problems of the Week
Internet Mathematics Library
Other Web Resources:
- Project Interactivate - Shodor Organization
- MathThematics: ClassZone
Shelly Berman, Annie Fetter & Suzanne Alejandre
Send comments/questions to
© 1994-2014 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.