Equilateral Triangles Activity
Math Forum Resources
Alignment to Radnor Township School District Mathematics Standards and Benchmarks:
- Standard 2: Geometry and Measurement Concepts
- Apply the properties of one-, two- and three- dimensional geometric figures to describe, reason and solve problems about shape, size, position, and motion of objects.
- analyze and generalize geometric patterns, such as tessellations (6)
- familiarity with polygons (7)
- use transformations in the coordinate plane (8)
- recognize rotational and bilateral symmetry (8)
Correlation with the MathThematics textbook:
- Book 1
- p. 18 "triangle"
- p. 80 Polygons and Line Symmetry
- p. 120 Transformations
- p. 461 Building with Nets
- Book 2
- p. 217 Constructing Triangles
- p. 265 "rotational symmetry"
- p. 268 "line symmetry"
- p. 291 Translations
- p. 410 Triangles and Similarity
- p. 513 Classifying Quadrilaterals
- p. 565 Tessellations
- p. 573 "regular tessellation"
- p. 575 "semi-regular tessellation"
- Book 3
- p. 241 Constructing Triangles
- p. 258 Rotational Symmetry
- p. 264 "line symmetry"
- p. 272 Classifying Quadrilaterals
- p. 280 Rational Numbers and Polygons
- p. 288 "tessellation"
- p. 290 Working with Triangles
- p. 405 Constructing Nets
- p. 511 "transformation"
Math Forum Resources:
Problems of the Week
Internet Mathematics Library
Other Web Resources:
Shelly Berman, Annie Fetter & Suzanne Alejandre
Send comments/questions to
© 1994-2015 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.