July 25 - August 11, 2000 - Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
2000 Summer Institute ||
List of Participants
Examining Ask Dr. Math from both sides of the stethoscope
Keep paper and pen handy to jot down your impressions as you go along...
Think of a question and submit it.
Put on your lab coat, step into triage,
and choose one of the questions to answer. Click on the subject to move to the scrub room;
then click on "Compose Answer" to move to the operating room.
Operate! (Answer the question.)
Go to the holding tank
and look at the answer to your question. Are you sastisfied? Do you need a followup?
Do you want a second opinion?
- How does this kind of mentoring compare to POW or T2T mentoring?
- What use could you make of this in your classrooms? How would we have
to change it to make it useful to you?
- What is the value of a response from a doctor, compared to an answer found
in the archives?
- Can students be doctors? Could you imagine setting up a local version
at your school, or in your school system?
- How could the service be improved -- for the patients, and for the doctors?
- What would it take to get you to sign up to be a doctor?
Return to the Sum2000 Workshop Agenda
© 1994- Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.