- To develop some collections of data that elementary and high school students can manipulate in online math projects.
- The Data Library, a collection of lesson ideas, data sets, and other resources that Pat Daley compiled during the Institute.
Names Data Collection, developed by Gail Lauinger for her project of collecting data on common last names in the US.
Tom Scavo's Math Lessons, developed during and after the Institute, are now featured in Forum Web Units. Tangrams is a unit for grades 4 through 6 that uses tangrams to compute the area of polygons without employing formulas. "Adventures in Statistics" is a preprint of a paper to appear in Teaching Children Mathematics which describes a mathematics project involving fifth grade students and the area of classrooms, including measurement, graphing, computation, data analysis, and presentation of results.
- Discussion related to the development of this topic has taken place on the geometry.institutes newsgroup; for a record of postings, please see the
Working Group Discussion Archive.
Further communication is encouraged, either by way of posting to geometry.institutes, or sending email to the individuals listed below.
- Pat Daley - firstname.lastname@example.org - onsite
- Gail Lauinger - email@example.com - onsite
- Tom Scavo - firstname.lastname@example.org - onsite
- Caroline Brennan - email@example.com - online
- Bob Coulter - firstname.lastname@example.org - online
- Jessica Morton - email@example.com - online
- Jill Tucker - firstname.lastname@example.org - online
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help