- Changing the value of m in cell W4 affects the values in the Y column of the table. Describe the relationship between the X and Y values:
when m = 1
when m = 2
when m = -4
- As the value of m changes, there is also an effect on the graph. Describe the direction and steepness of the line:
when m is small
when m is large
when m is negative
- What command in cell Y1 would produce a graph with a slope of 5?
- What equation produces a graph that is the reflection of the graph of y = 3x in the x-axis?
- The point where the graph of a function meets the y axis is called the y-intercept. What is the y-intercept of each of the following:
y = 3x
y = 5x
y = -6x
- Why is the y-intercept of functions of the form y = mx always 0?