Math Tools, tPoWs, TI-Nspire™ Technology and You!
10:00 - 11:00, March 1, 2008
Session 251, Cumberland J, capacity 85
Suzanne Alejandre, the Math Forum @ Drexel, Philadelphia, PA
Heidi Rudolph, Orange High School, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- Math Tools
- Math Tools is a community library of technology tools, lessons, activities, and support materials for teaching and learning mathematics.
Navigating Math Tools
- Technology Problems of the Week (tPoWs) are problem-solving challenges modeled on the Math Forum's Problems of the Week that take advantage of interactive mathematics tools such as Java applets, TI-Nspire™, The Geometer's Sketchpad®, Fathom™, or spreadsheets.
Index of tPoWs
- TI-Nspire™ Technology
- Fast Tracker program and TI-Nspire™ technology
Introduced to Suzanne at the Math Forum, Math Tools, and tPoWs
TI-tPoW development and first steps
- Let's Do Math!
Try a TI-tPoW
Access a file on the TI-Nspire™
1. tPoW Submissions
Your students are invited to use the link Submit your answer to share their solutions, and then self-mentor using specially designed hints, checks, and suggestions for extensions.
TI-PoW: Sam and Teri's Bank Accounts
2. Scoring Rubric
Good problem solving and strong mathematical communication are both important aspects of a tPoW solution. Solutions should include enough information to help another student understand the steps and the decisions that were made in solving the problem.
download in PDF format: [Grades 3-5] [Pre-Algebra] [Algebra] [Geometry]
3. Write new TI-tPoWs! Collaborate with us to create more tPoWs
- Other Math Forum Resources
- Making Effective Use of Math Forum Resources
- Professional Development Program: Learning Math Together
- Ask Dr. Math® and Dr. Math books
- Teacher2Teacher (T2T®)
- Problems of the Week
- Math Forum Internet News
- Contact Information
- Here in Dallas during T3 International, find Suzanne in Booth 314.
- After 5:00 pm on March 1, use this form to send email to Suzanne and Heidi