Math Tools, tPoWs, TI Technology and You!
11:15 - 12:45, Saturday, February 28, 2009
Session 227, Washington State Convention & Trade Center,
Room 616 - Sixth Floor (computer lab), capacity 40
Suzanne Alejandre, the Math Forum @ Drexel, Philadelphia, PA
- Math Tools
- Math Tools is a community library of technology tools, lessons, activities, and support materials for teaching and learning mathematics.
Navigating Math Tools
- Technology Problems of the Week (tPoWs) are problem-solving challenges modeled on the Math Forum's Problems of the Week that take advantage of interactive mathematics tools such as Java applets, TI-Nspire™, The Geometer's Sketchpad®, Fathom™, or spreadsheets.
- Excerpts from our Problem Solving and Communication Activity Series [PDF format]
Understanding the Problem
Guess and Check
Solve a Simpler Problem
- How to Manage
- Where can I find them?
Index of tPoWs
Index of TI-Technology PoW (TI-PoWs)
- Getting Started: Think You Don't Have Time to Use the PoWs?
1. tPoW Submissions
Your students are invited to use the link Submit your answer to share their solutions, and then self-mentor using specially designed hints, checks, and suggestions for extensions.
- 2. Scoring Rubric
Good problem solving and strong mathematical communication are both important aspects of a tPoW solution. Solutions should include enough information to help another student understand the steps and the decisions that were made in solving the problem.
Math Forum Scoring Grids [PDF format]: [Grades 3-5] [Pre-Algebra] [Algebra] [Geometry]
- 3. Write new TI-tPoWs! Collaborate with us to create more tPoWs
- Other Math Forum Resources
- Making Effective Use of Math Forum Resources
- Professional Development Program: Learning Math Together
- Ask Dr. Math® and Dr. Math books
- Teacher2Teacher (T2T®)
- Problems of the Week
- Math Forum Internet News
- Please take a moment to provide feedback on this session
- Contact Information
- Here in Seattle during T3 International, find Suzanne in Booth 503.
- After 5:00 pm on March 1, use this form to send email to Suzanne