- Thursday: Discussion - Teaching Mathematics as a Science
- Bethany writes, "It seems that
the prevading philosophy of teaching and learning mathematics is pushing us as
educators [...] to make math more of a discovery process than just
giving students the concepts and trying to process them...What do you think?
- Thursday: Discussion - Your Favorite Tools
- Don Link started this thread in the Roundtable Discussion and a few other people have chimed in so far. He writes, " I'm fairly new to the MathTools community, and I thought it would be useful if some of you "longer-timers" would share your N favorite tools cataloged on the site (I'm thinking like your top 10, but any value of N would be fine)."
- Wednesday: SketchUp Presentation
- Jon did a brief presentation on SketchUp, a three-dimensional drawing program designed for architects that could have a real impact in the classroom.
- Wednesday: Discussion Posting - Mathematical maturity and lower-order knowledge & skills
- ToolFest onsite and online participants, as well as other MathTools community members, are taking part in this discussion.
- Wednesday: Traffic Jam Activity - Discussion Posting and Activity Page
- The discussion on this activity continues.
- Tuesday: Oak Tree Growth Activity - Activity Page
- Cynthia's lesson
- Tuesday: Discussion Posting - Welcome to the ToolFest!
- Suzanne welcomes everyone, onsite, online, and onlookers, to the beginning of the ToolFest.
- Tuesday: Discussion Posting - Onsite and Online Tool Fest Introductions
- Learn about the participants in anticipation of taking advantage of similar interests and developing partnerships.