Math Forum || Student Center || Teachers' Place || Participant Projects
Good morning, and welcome to the Math Forum. We have three ambitious goals planned for our session this morning. They are:
- to give you an overview of The Math Forum;
- to present a sample of the activities we have used with teachers; and
- to discuss ways you can take advantage of the Math Forum's services.
Our tour begins with a visit to the Math Forum home page. From here you can access the Student Center, Teachers Place. You can also visit What's New to see the latest additions to our site.
The Math Forum training for teachers includes:
Networking With Other Teachers
- Email allows you to communicate with individuals or groups of people.
- Mailing lists and public discussion groups allow you to search archives of valuable discussions:
- The Math Forum Internet News is a weekly electronic newsletter that can be read on-line or through Email.
- TAPPED IN is a growing community of over 1600 K-14 teachers, staff from several of our partner professional development organizations, and researchers engaged in a professional discourse, collaborative work, and a variety of on-line activities.
Finding Math Resources
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Curriculum and Evaluation Standards for School Mathematics
- Ask Dr. Math
- Math Forum Searches
- Math Forum Teachers' Place
- Math Forum Student Center
- Math Forum Internet Resource Collection
- Pascal's Triangle ENC Digital Dozen Award: August 1998. "These lessons guide investigations of Pascal's triangle and its number patterns for elementary, intermediate, and advanced math students. Instructions for the lessons along with handouts are available here. Also included for each level are correlations to the NCTM Standards."
- Exploring Data with an ocean theme
- A Tour of Fractions provides resources for teachers and students
- Tessellations created with ClarisWorks' paint program
- Problem of the Week Projects: Elementary, Middle School, and Geometry
- Geometer's Sketchpad Sketches
- Scavenger Hunt
- Morse High School Magnet Program and Mathematics Connections
- Multicultural Math Fair
Web Sites Related to Projects Presented
- Aims Education Foundation
- Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Sandra Miller's Weather Surveillance project.
- Hershey Park Educational Programs
- The SET® Home Page
- Texas Instruments Calculators
- The Most Colorful Math of All - MegaMath
- The LEGO Mindstorms website
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help