- The Classic pattern block shapes work together to create patterns easily because all of their angles are multiples of 30°.
- The essence of pattern is repetition. The essence of pattern is repetition.The essence of pattern is repetition....
- All regularly repeating 2-dimensional patterns are based on combinations of only three symmetry operations, each of which has its own tool:
- ROTATION of X° about a center;
- REFLECTION across a mirror;
- TRANSLATION along a vector;
- All regularly repeating 2-dimensional patterns are classified as:
- CENTERED patterns, which have a center point or single mirror, and include Cyclic and Dihedral patterns.
- FRIEZE or STRIP patterns, which are contained within a pair of parallel lines;
- TESSELLATIONS or WALLPAPER patterns, which uniformly cover the plane.