Enrichment Opportunities at
What is Math Tools? A library of web-based interactive software and applets that develop mathematical thinking and meet curricular goals.
Why use Electronic Math Tools?
- They help bridge the connections among different modes of representation
- There is an unlimited supply.
- They are easy to distribute and manage.
- You can often make quick changes among materials/representations.
- Only a web browser and Internet are required – no installation,
CDs, compatibility issues!
- Students may find them to be more engaging that traditional materials.
- Printed versions of student work can be sent home for parents and/or
included in portfolios.
- They are accessible anytime/anywhere (home, library) – equity of
- They often can be manipulated even more flexibly than concrete objects.