Enrichment Opportunities at
Four Services currently available:
- Math Fundamentals (FunPoW) — grades 3 to 5 content Scoring Guide
- Prealgebra (PrealgPoW) — middle grades content
- Algebra (AlgPoW) — algebra I content
- Geometry (GeoPoW) — high school geometry content
Characteristics of PoWs
- involve rich mathematical concepts
- allow multiple solution paths
- lead to deeper understanding
20 problems each year in each service
Link to calendar available from each problem page
- Problems are available for preview Thursday am before going live.
- Problems go “live” Monday am.
- Problems are open for first submissions for two weeks.
- Submissions may be revised through Thursday midnight.
- Sample solutions with commentary appear Friday am.
- Early in following week Gold and Silver lists appear with more solutions.
Mentoring (for current problems only) :
- What happens?
- Mentoring by groups available when * in calendar
- Research shows the value of revision.
Don't take my word for it!
Teacher Support Pages
Enhanced Problem Packet for Teachers
Discussion Groups support teachers using PoWs and mentors.
Registration and Submission Process
Problem Library – past problems
Write Math with the Math Forum – aligned to state standards and popular published curricula
Let's solve some problems!