Four Current PoW services available:
Why use PoWs?
20 problems each year in each service
Link to calendar available from each problem page
- Problems are available for preview Thursday am before going live.
- Problems go “live” Monday am.
- Problems are open for first submissions for two weeks.
- Submissions may be revised through Thursday midnight.
- Sample solutions
with commentary appear Friday am.
- Early in following week Gold and Silver lists appear with more
Get a free 21-day Trial Account!
Benefits of Online Submission
- Motivation to communicate to a larger audience
- Opportunity to receive feedback from another person
- Written communication reinforces literacy skills
Benefits of Online Reply
- Written communication in both directions
- Lasting record
- What happens?
- Who mentors?
- Mentoring by groups available when * in calendar
- Research shows the value of revision
Teacher Support Pages
Enhanced Problem Packet for Teachers (new this year)
Groups support teachers using PoWs
Teachers can monitor student work in the Teacher Office.
Claire's support site
for teachers using PoWs
© 1994-2007 The Math Forum