the Sidewalk Ends
and the Technology Begins
| Technology |
The Math Forum
Why use electronic Math Tools?
- They help bridge the connections among different modes of representation
- There is an unlimited supply.
- They are easy to distribute and manage.
- You can often make quick changes among materials/representations.
- Only a web browser and Internet are required – no installation,
CDs, compatibility issues!
- Students may find them to be more engaging that traditional materials.
- Printed versions of student work can be sent home for parents
and/or included in portfolios.
- They are accessible anytime/anywhere (home, library) –
equity of access.
- They often can be manipulated even more flexibly than concrete
© 1994-2006 The Math Forum