to Problems of the Week
Getting Started in the Teacher Office
When your account was created your username and password
were emailed to you. You'll need them to enter the Teacher office.
- Both are case sensitive.
- Your password is changeable.
This is different than the usernames and passwords that your students
will use to access the problems.
Note: These two kinds of logins allow different levels
of access. If you are logged in as teacher, be sure to "Quit"
your browser before having students use the service. Simply closing
the window doesn't log you out. Re-launch the browser
to have students log in with their own userIDs and passwords. Likewise, if
a student has been logged in, you'll need to Quit and re-launch the browser in order to login with your
teacher ID or have another student log in.
To visit the Teacher Office:
- Go to the Math Forum home page.
- Click on Problems of the Week.
- Access the Current Problem of the Week by clicking on Problem
(members only) in the chosen service (FunPoW, PrealgPoW,
- Click on Teacher Office from the navigation menu
on the left and type in your username and password.
What you can do in the Teacher Office:
- Change your password.
- Find problems from either the Current Problem of the Week or the
- View your students' work and any replies that have been sent to
- Read or participate in the funpow-teachers Discussion Group.
- Mentor your own students. Note: If you want to
respond to your students' work, be sure that the option under Mentoring
My Students is turned on to have them automatically
assigned to you. You can only respond to work that is submitted after
this option is active. (If you want to mentor students who submitted
before turning this feature on, email us, and we can assign them to
© 1994-2008 The Math Forum