Click on Problem (members only) in the chosen service.
- We post 20 problems each year in each service. A link to the
year’s calendar is available from each problem page.
- New problems are available for submission every other Monday
- Problems and their Support pages are available
for preview on the Thursday before going "live".
- Problems are open for first submissions for two weeks, closing
Sunday at midnight.
- After that submissions may be revised through the following
- Sample Solutions with commentary appear the
- Early in the following week Gold and Silver lists usually
appear with highlighted solutions.
- Current PoWs are eligible for mentoring by volunteers and
mentor groups through The Math Forum.
Click on Problem of the Week Library below the current problems.
The Problems Library has hundreds of challenging, constructed
response problems, which are categorized by course and topic for
easy browsing and searching.
As you browse the Problems Library and use the ...more
>> links, you may see additional links to:
Support and Solution.
Each problem has a number which you can note and have students use when
they go to the website.
Your license allows you to print out any problem and distribute
it to your class at any time during the membership term.
Write Math with the Math Forum (subscription add-on) is a flexible tool that helps you locate grade-specific problems in our Library that have been aligned to state standards and to most popular published curricula.
Library problems do not get mentored, unless by the