Use the digits in the year 1998 and the operations of +, -, x, ÷, sqrt (square root), ^ (raise to a power), and ! (factorial) along with grouping symbols, to write expressions for the counting numbers 1 through 100.
- All four digits must be used in the expression.
- Only the digits 1,9,9,8 may be used.
- Double digit numbers such as 19 or 98 may NOT be used.
- The square function may NOT be used.
- The integer function may NOT be used.
- The digits may appear in any order in the expression.
- This site is intended for the posting of answers generated by students.
- Teachers may submit answers for their students.
- Each answer should include the expression, name of student, grade, and school.
- Send answers to Judy Ann Brown
Return to 1998 Student Solutions page
For more information, please send mail to Judy Ann Brown
Web page created by Judy Ann Brown on Saturday, January 10, 1998.