URL's you'll want to have:
- MetaCrawler Search Engine - http://www.metacrawler.com/
- Netiquette Home Page at Florida Atlantic University - http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/
- The New Jersey Math Coalition -
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics archive -
Add a touch of the History of Mathematics to your daily lessons
visit Mathematical MacTutor to find the name of the mathematician
of the day or do a search for a specific topic in mathematics.
Ask Dr. Math - http://mathforum.com/dr.math/dr-math.html
For those impossible to answer questions that students often pose
there is Ask Dr. Math. Students/teachers can submit questions for the doctor.
Please read the FAQ list before submitting your question.
Everyday Mathematics Glossary -
The terms used in the Everyday Mathematics program are essential to the program. To
find the proper definition of a term, choose the letter it begins with below.
- The Glossary of Mathematical Mistakes - http://www.mathmistakes.com/
This is a list of mathematical mistakes made over and over by advertisers, the media, reporters, politicians, activists, and in general many non-math people.
- NCTM STANDARDS - http://standards.nctm.org/
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Curriculum and Evaluation Standards for School Mathematics.
- Pi-Search - http://www.aros.net/%7Eangio/pi_stuff/piquery.html
The Pi Searcher lets you search for any string of digits (up to 120 of them) in the
first 50 million digits of pi.
- Yahoo Math History - http://www.yahoo.com/science/mathematics/history
Yahoo site for math history information
- The Geometry Center -
The Geometry Center is a mathematics research and education center.
at the University of Minnesota funded by NSF.
- Eisenhower National Clearinghouse - http://www.enc.org
Eisenhower National Clearinghouse for Math and Science Teachers
at Ohio State University, its first database, the ENC Catalog of Curriculum
Resources describes a comprehensive, multimedia collection of materials
and programs for K-12 mathematics and science education. Catalog records
for these materials are designed to assist teachers in selecting appropriate
and high quality items for classroom use.
- Cornell's Theory Center -
Cornell's Theory Center math and science resources (lesson plans,
curriculum, software) on the Web.
- The World of Escher - http://www.WorldOfEscher.com/
Information about MC Escher including mathematical interpretations
and pictures of his works.
- The Fractals Calendar - http://fas.sfu.ca/0/cs/research/projects/FractalCal/cal.html
In each year since 1991, a new calendar of computer-generated images has been published, based on the fractal geometry of Benoit
- The Dynamical Systems and Technology Project at Boston University -
Boston University site, dynamical systems, chaos in the classroom
- Chaos in the Classroom - http://math.bu.edu/DYSYS/chaos-game/chaos-game.html
Robert L. Devaney Department of Mathematics
Boston University explores chaos in the classroom.
- Mandelbrot Explorer - http://www.ntua.gr/mandel/mandel.html
An interactive web page that allows students to investigate the
- Bartletts' Quotations -
Familiar quotations, passages, phrases and proverbs traced to their sources.
- Smithsonian Institution - http://www.si.edu
The Electronic Smithsonian - visit the Smithsonian Virtual Museum.
- The Franklin Institute - http://sln.fi.edu
The Franklin Institute Science Museum web page
- The Global Schoolhouse - http://www.gsn.org
The Global School House, be sure to read "The Ballad of an
- Classroom Connect - http://www.classroom.net/
The Classroom Connect's home page features links to educational
- NASA - http://www.nasa.gov/
For updated NASA space information
- PCL Map Collection - http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/
The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection The University of Texas at Austin Site for maps of the 50 states.
- THE LIST - http://thelist.com/
Use this service to find a local service provider in your area.
- National Center for Technology Planning - http://www.nctp.com
NCTP is a clearinghouse for
the exchange of many types of information related to technology planning.
This information may be: school district technology plans available for
downloading via a computer network; technology planning aids (checklists,
brochures, sample planning forms, PR announcement forms); and/or
electronic monographs on timely, selected topics. The NCTP was created
for those who: need help, seek fresh ideas, or seek solutions to problems
encountered with planning.
- Math in the Movies Page -
A Guide to Major Motion Pictures with Scenes of Real Mathematics
- Project Vote Smart - http://www.vote-smart.org/
Tracking the performance of over 13,000 political leaders: President, Congress,
Governors & State Legislators.
Back to home page.
Judy Ann Brown