Honors 200 Seminar - Fall 2003
The Math Forum @ Drexel
Home/Syllabus || Math Forum
Assignments for week ending October 23
Part I: Mentoring
- Continue mentoring, checking your queue for suggestions from Kristina, and sending corrections.
- The problem closes Sunday night, so there will be no new submissions after that. All students can continue to revise until Thursday, Oct 23 at midnight.
- You are required to mentor 6 student submissions. If you would like to do more, please ask.
Reminder: You must check your queue every day even if you won't have time to mentor. That way you'll know what is there and you can take care of one or two threads if you have time.
Part II: What makes a good problem? Preparing for "Math Monday"
Problems to solve
On October 23 we will have at least two guests join us from the Math Forum to talk about choosing and writing good problems for the Problems of the Week.
Problems will be linked from this assignment page on Monday, October 20, giving you three days to work them. Think about:
- What level of problem is this?
- Is the problem clearly written? What would make it clearer?
- Will the problem be interesting for the students? Why? Why not?
Please write to Kristina Lasher as early as possible if you have any technical problems. There may be something I can fix for the whole group.