Buying Tile Activity
Teacher Lesson Plan
(for each group of four students)
- measuring tape
- one ceramic tile (varying in size for each group)
- graph paper
Suggestion: Divide the tasks between your group members
- You are going to tile an area that is 100 square feet in area. Remember that there are
12 inches in a foot.
- Given the sample tile, how many tiles will you need to buy?
- Draw a diagram of your tiled area on the graph paper.
- Write your group's reasoning. Use the back of the paper if necessary
- If each tile costs 37 cents, how much money will it cost to complete the project?
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.
Send comments to: Suzanne Alejandre