BACK TO CONTENTS

by Ian Underwood

January, 2002

To: All Dr. Math Doctors
From: Ian Underwood
Subject: Ask Dr. Math in January

Hi Math Doctors,

This will be a short newsletter, as there isn't a lot to report this month.

In January we received 6387 questions (about 206 per day), of which we
were able to answer 3595 (about 115 per day), which means we stayed
well above the 50 percent mark.

I'd like to thank all 34 of the math doctors who contributed answers
this month, with special thanks going to the following:

          | Peterson
  15/day  |

  10/day  |

          | Achilles
          | Anthony, Rick, Roy, Schwa
   5/day  |
          | Fenton
          | Paul, Jeremiah, Tim, Tom
          | Douglas, Greenie, Jerry, Mitteldorf, Wilkinson
   1/day  | Floor, Jaffee, Jody, Pete, Rob, White
          /
   1/wk   | Allan, Ann, Jordi

Also, welcome to new intern Dr. Leslie; and congratulations to newly
tenured Dr. Jody.

As of this month, the archive contains more than 7500 items.  Thanks
to all of you for continuing to write such great answers, and to our
archivist, Dr. Sarah, for keeping on top of the archiving process.

I'll close this month with a thank-you message that came to the
administrators mailing list:

  Your response was greatly appreciated. I am pleased that I wasn't
  simply given the answer, just a little help to get me on my way! This
  way I know I have completed my task without cheating! It's
  unbelievable that you could reply so quickly, especially as I am in
  England.

That's it for January!  Go forth, be fruitful, and teach kids to
multiply...

Dr. Ian
Attending Physician
Ask Dr. Math