The Geometer's Sketchpad
Forum Sketchpad Resources || Interactive Geometry Classroom Materials || Main CIGS Page
Sketchpad at Key Curriculum Press
- Geometer's Sketchpad Online Activity Guide
- Links to other sites that discuss Sketchpad or present Dynamic Geometry activities, lessons, and ideas.
- Geometer's Sketchpad Bibliography
- Publications that concern Sketchpad, Dynamic Geometry, and the mathematical and educational contexts in which they are relevant.
- Discovering Geometry Newsletter
- A selected list of articles and activities from past issues, with information for how to subscribe. In addition to providing useful information and helpful teaching techniques, the newsletter is a resource of rich teaching ideas for anyone interested in geometry and technology education.
- Geometer's Sketchpad Add-On Modules:
- Exploring Conic Sections
- Exploring Geometry
- Exploring Trigonometry
- Geometry Through the Circle
- Perspective Drawing
- Pythagoras Plugged In: Proofs and Problems
- Add-On Middle School Modules for The Geometer's Sketchpad
- Geometry Activities for Middle School Students
- Shape Makers
- JavaSketchpad Developer Release and Alpha Test Center
- What is JavaSketchpad?
- How to Test-Drive JavaSketchpad
- JavaSketchpad Demo Gallery
- Differences between Sketchpad and JavaSketchpad
- JavaSketchpad Download Center
Courses, Classroom Materials, Student Work
- Discoveries in Geometry
- An Investigative Geometry course based on a course taught by Alan McRae at Indiana University. Investigations for students use special points for triangles to define particular configurations for quadrilaterals. This Web version was created by McRae and Heidi Burgiel of the Geometry Center at the University of Minnesota.
- Dueling Pinwheels - Cynthia Lanius
- For beginners: transformations - rotations, translations, reflections
- How Much Money Do Baseball Players Really Make? - Ed Malczewski
- See Variance - Geometer's Sketchpad
- Lesson Plans for the Geometer's Sketchpad
- From the Institute for Technology in Mathematics: Action Geometry; Review of GeoLab; Three-dimensional Sketching; Animated Triangle Inequality; Keyboard Shortcuts; Script Tools; Centroid Investigation; Archaeology Problem; Fixed Area of a Triangle; Pythagorean Theorem Investigation; Triangle Inequality; Visualizing Arithmetic and Geometric Means; Rotation Tessellation.
- Lesson Plans Using GSP - Leslee Francis Pelton
- Overviews of units and objectives, lesson plans, and GSP performance-based unit tests for grades 6-8.
- Math Teacher Link - Using The Geometer's Sketchpad In The Mathematics Classroom
- By Jeremy Bartusch (11/96); revised by Tony Peressini (1/97). Prepared for participants in the Math Teacher Link Modular Course Program sponsored by the University of Illinois Center of the Professional Development Consortium for Mathematics Teachers.
- Monge's Theorem and Desargues' Theorem, Identified - Thomas Banchoff
- Monge's theorem says that for three disjoint circles of unequal radii, with no one contained in any other, the pairs of external tangents meet in three points that are collinear.
- Roosevelt High School Geometry Student Work - Rob Rumppe
- Medians of Triangles; Circumcenters of Triangles; Study of Fractals; Isosceles Trapezoids; Morley's Theorem; Napoleon's Theorem; Reflections in a Plane; Inscribed Five-Pointed Stars
- A Slice of Pi - Michael D. Huberty, Ko Hayashi, & Chia Vang
- This project studies how pi has been computed throughout history, including current connections between pi and geometry.
- Technology in the Geometry Classroom - Course Materials - Introduction to Symmetries, Evelyn Sander (ed.), The Geometry Center
- An Investigation of Monge's Theorem Using the Geometer's Sketchpad - Eduardo Tabacman
- Peaucellier's Linkage - Evelyn Sander
- Sketchpad Homework - Questions designed to give a general familiarity with Sketchpad
- Unit Study on Circles: Their Lines and Segments - Teresa Banker
- Figures, demonstrations, and some proposed problems having to do with circles, such as point, line, segment, angle, coplanar, etc., implemented using GSP
- Write-Ups for EMT 668 - Algorithms and Computers - Dawn M. Laning
- 12 explorations, from linear functions and parabolas to useful scripts, tangent circles, altitudes and orthocenters, pedal triangles and pedal points, parametric equations, and rose curves, limacons, and cardioids
- Dynamic Geometry
- A two-year research project, funded by the National Science Foundation, housed at Education Development Center, Inc. in Newton
- Dynamic Mathematics Concepts - Using the Geometer's Sketchpad - Okheng
- A talk for STAS Day '96 - approaches and strategies through demonstrations and hands-on activities. See also Dynamic Geometry.
- GSP Teacher In-Service Program - Jordan Tinney, Bayside M.S., Brentwood Bay, B.C.
- A listing of the skills teachers require to use GSP in grades 6, 7, and 8.
- Musings upon Geometry and Dynamic Geometry Software - Tansy Hardy and Dave Wilson
- An extended version of a presentation at the World Conference on Computer Education Workshop on Dynamic Geometry in Birmingham, July 1995
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help