The Math Forum

Topic: Real number construction, Eudoxus version!
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 11:13 PM

zelos.malum@gmail.com

Re: Real number construction, Eudoxus version!

Den måndag 2 oktober 2017 kl. 17:20:36 UTC+2 skrev John Gabriel:
> On Monday, 2 October 2017 10:04:03 UTC-5, Zelos Malum wrote:
> > Hey John, entertain us by seeing how you butcher this!
> > https://arxiv.org/pdf/math/0405454.pdf

> Bwaa haaaa haaa. That is a bunch of crap you moron. It has ZERO to do with Eudoxus who knew NOTHING about real numbers. That article is written by an idiot like you.
>
> It doesn't deserve any attention, never mind a comment. Chuckle.

That is only a name, it is irrelevant. How about you adress the content instead?

I have read it and it works out well to construct a complete ordered field, which is isomorphic to the reals.