The Math Forum

Topic: Yes, Euler was a good mathematician, but JG messed up
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 9, 2017 8:55 AM

Dan Christensen

Re: Yes, Euler was a good mathematician, but JG messed up

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:31:55 AM UTC-5, John Gabriel wrote:
> Yes, Euler was a good mathematician, but he messed up and his errors need to be fixed ASAP. Of course I refuse to deal with cranks the likes if Georg Cantor who has no place in mathematics. But Euler does matter.
>
> S = Lim S is at the root of much of the ill-formed theory in mainstream mythmatics. It has permeated all of calculus and much of set theory.

No, it was the root of your ultimate downfall here, Troll Boy -- the greatest blunder of your sordid little career. You claimed Euler wrote the nonsensical equation S = Lim S. Your "evidence?" You had defaced a photo of the original text in question on which YOU had scrawled in red letters "S = Lim S". Very childish and very trollish. Euler did not write that. You wrote it, Troll Boy. The modern limit notation was not invented until after Euler's time by Weirstrass.

Did you think we wouldn't notice? And even months after your lie was originally exposed, you persist in this lie as here. Did you think you would get a different outcome this time? Well, you got your lying ass kicked yet again! When will you learn? Do trolls ever learn?

Dan