The Math Forum

Topic: Konyberg - for you!
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 10, 2017 4:03 AM

Dan Christensen

Re: Konyberg - for you!

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:45:47 AM UTC-5, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 November 2017 04:12:16 UTC-5, Zelos Malum wrote:
> > Den torsdag 9 november 2017 kl. 00:43:28 UTC+1 skrev John Gabriel:
> > > "It confuses me that you can set m+n equal to zero after you cancel out m+n in the ratio. Surely this is wrong?"
> > >
> > > Well, consider first that I proved the sum of all the terms in m and n must be zero using 8th grade algebra (see http://thenewcalculus.weebly.com) but also note that the slope of the tangent line does NOT depend on m or n so given the derivative as an expression in x and Q(x,m,n), it follows Q(x,m,n) must be zero, that is, m=n=0.

> > but you cannot have m=n=0 as that results in division by 0.

> Wrong. You can in the New Calculus...

Gosh, that sounds a lot like an axiom, Troll Boy. (Hee, hee!)

In a vain attempt to rescue his Wacky New Calclueless work, Troll Boy has banned empty sets, infinite sets, axioms, rules of logic, repeating decimals, pi, root 2, negative numbers and zero. He has declared as undefined derivatives of linear functions and derivatives at points of inflection and who knows where else.

Finally, Troll Boy has now actually ALLOWED something in his goofy "system:" We are allowed to do division by zero! (An axiom?) His goofy system actually requires it. Once again, we see what a dead end and a complete wasted of time it is.

Dan