Topic: Posting Pictures?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 24, 1993 2:49 PM

Asa Packer

Re: posting pictures?

In article <2759mc$e3n@forum.swarthmore.edu>, Tom McDougal
<mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Long ago when this batch of newsgroups were first introduced there was
> talk of work on a system to allow postings of pictures.
>
> Has there been any progress? Is anyone actually still working
> on this?

Tom,

Yes and yes. I am working on this along with two other people. We are
writing a newsreader from scratch, not just putting picture support into an
existing reader, and we need to get the basic reader working before we can
put picture support into it. We are making progress toward that, although
I can't really offer a _definite_ date. It will probably be about six
months until pictures are working.

-Asa

--
Asa Packer