Topic: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Dec 27, 2006 6:37 PM

Robert Allen Saxon

Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?

On 20 Sep 1995, Sarah Seastone wrote:
MUCH snipping...

> I see that
> "undecagon" and "duodecagon" have been rearing their ugly
> heads again. The full set is

More snipping...
It weems to me, if we're going to get upset over the use of undecagon and
duodecagon because they are not 'proper', we not to also do away with
triangle and quadrilateral and stick to trigon and tetragon. After all if
it's important for 11- and 12- sided figures, it should be important for
3- and 4- sided figures. We should strive for consistency when it's needed.

BoB

Date Subject Author
9/19/95
Read What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Brian Deacon
9/20/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
John Conway
11/20/03
Read 11-sided polygon
TheHez
12/16/03
Read Re: 11-sided polygon
John Conway
1/25/05
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
jimmy
1/25/05
Read Re: Math questions answered at mathforum area volume acres roots cubes
Bob L Petersen
12/17/06
Read Re: Math questions answered at mathforum area volume acres roots cubes
ooooroseoooo
9/20/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Sarah Seastone
9/20/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Jim LaCasse
9/20/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Robert Allen Saxon
9/20/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Lou Talman
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
John Conway
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Dan Hirschhorn
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
Chrystal Hogan
2/9/04
Read WHAT IS A 11-SIDED POLYGON?
Terence Watters
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
brihut@cr520@cleveland.freenet.edu
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
brihut@cr520@cleveland.freenet.edu
9/21/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
brihut@cr520@cleveland.freenet.edu
9/22/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
John Conway
9/22/95
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
John Conway
8/25/97
Read Re: polygon names
r!chard tchen
1/19/04
Read Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Mr. Scott Sutow
1/20/04
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Mary Krimmel
1/20/04
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Carl LaCombe
1/21/04
Read Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Mary Krimmel
1/20/04
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
John Conway
9/21/06
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
laylalover
10/2/06
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Brian Quincy Hutchings
12/27/06
Read Re: Reply to "What do you call an 11 sided polygon?"
Ed C.
12/18/06
Read Re: What do you call an 11 sided polygon?
sushi