Topic: Small and great stellated dodecahedra
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 11, 1995 9:11 AM

John Conway

Re: Polyhedra

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 58@ginger.princeton.edu wrote:

> I have a question about the small stellated dodecahedron and the great
> stellated icosahedron. What are the angles in the triangles which form the
> stellations for each solid? I have exhausted my references and can not find
> any information.
>
> Art Johnson

I presume you mean the small and great stellated dodecahedra (there
being to "great stellated icosahedron"). In each case, the
real face is a regular pentagram, and the triangles that are all you
can see of the faces (if you make them opaque) are isosceles
triangles with angles 72,72,36 degrees.

John Conway
.