Topic: Cable around the Equator
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jun 17, 2012 2:29 PM

Art Mabbott

Re: Cable around the Equator

What also challenges your sanity is that it matters not the size of the
original sphere....it could be the size of the earth as in the original,
or the moon, or a beach ball or even the size of a golf ball. My kids
have a tough time accepting the "real mathematics" as the correct (sane)
answer. They initially don't believe their numbers. But we work at it.

Art Mabbott
From the Net: mabbotta@belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us
From the Web: http://belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us/~mabbotta
| | / | Newport High School