Topic: Conway on Trilinear vs Barycentric coordinates
Replies: 13   Last Post: Feb 16, 1999 8:05 AM

Clifford J. Nelson

tri-linear great circles

Mike Horvath wrote:

> I have a website dedicated to 'trilinear' coordination. In
> architecture this system is called isometry, or isometric

perspective.
> I find this system a lot easier to use, for it eliminates the
> distortion of perspective. The difference with my(??) method is

that,
> if I could (using geometry software) I would connect the ends of
each
> of the three axes to create three independent circlular axes
revolving
> around an 'infinity sphere'.

Would it be right to use the term "three way great circle grid"? That
term is from the section 'discoveries of Synergetics' in Bucky
Fuller's
book Synergetics, explorations in the geometry of thinking, 1975.

Cliff Nelson