Topic: Conway on Trilinear vs Barycentric coordinates
Replies: 13   Last Post: Feb 16, 1999 8:05 AM

Clifford J. Nelson

tri-linear great circles

Mike Horvath wrote:

> I have a website dedicated to 'trilinear' coordination. In
> architecture this system is called isometry, or isometric

> I find this system a lot easier to use, for it eliminates the
> distortion of perspective. The difference with my(??) method is

> if I could (using geometry software) I would connect the ends of
> of the three axes to create three independent circlular axes
> around an 'infinity sphere'.

Would it be right to use the term "three way great circle grid"? That
term is from the section 'discoveries of Synergetics' in Bucky
book Synergetics, explorations in the geometry of thinking, 1975.

Cliff Nelson