Topic: response to toom et al arguemnt
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 27, 1995 5:08 PM

Nique Page

Re: response to toom et al arguemnt

>On Sun, 26 Feb 1995, JANIS wrote:
>

>> Rose Marie, I agree with you!! I unsubbed before Christmas because of
>> an interminable argument about Saxon math

>The present argument is not about Saxon. It is about children.

No, this is an interminable SAXON debate. If I am a good teacher, it
should not matter what text I use, or what a non teacher such as Saxon
believes--good or bad!

I think I have had enough Saxon drama for one lifetime. Lets talk about
something REAL!!

I believe strongly in the Standards, and I will teach them no matter what
text my students have in their hand, or even without a text. The text is a
resource!

Take this discussion to Mr Saxon!
Nique Page
Jackson County High School