Topic: Fractals
Replies: 29   Last Post: May 9, 1995 10:14 AM

Tad Watanabe

Re: Fractals

Andrei:

Another request for clarification. What do you mean by "basic cluture."
And, how do you know the "best" way is by solving word problems?

I also don't understand what you meant by "promotional goals." Who are
you talking about? I really don't see anything wrong with students
exploring interesting (for them) mathematics. That seems to be, at
least, as good as solving a collection of word problems.

Tad Watanabe
Towson State University
Towson, Maryland