Topic: Re:the necessity of lectures
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 30, 1995 9:00 PM

Michael Paul Goldenberg

From: Ann Arbor, MI
Registered: 12/3/04

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995 Lutemann@aol.com wrote:

> Perhaps the ability to follow a lecture is more important than the math we
> teach. Can you imagine anyone being successful at anything in life who
> couldn't follow a lecture (barring individuals with certain psycological
> handicaps). Are we trying to create helplessness with out teaching methods?
>
> Kent

I don't know, but I have been lectured into a stupor on more than one
occasion. I wouldn't describe the feeling as helplessness so much as a
loss of the will to live.

Michael Paul Goldenberg
University of Michigan 310 E. Cross St.
4001 School of Education Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259 (313) 482-9585
(313) 747-2244 email: mikegold@umich.edu