Topic: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Replies: 25   Last Post: Feb 10, 1999 1:11 AM

xxyzz

Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> Simon Croall wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > With the 21st century almost upon us;
> >
> > In a similar fashion to Hilbet's 23 problems but forward in 1900. What
> > would be the problems that you think should be presented to challenge
> > mathematicians of the 21st century?
> >

> Come on guy's - no one seems to be answering seriously !!!

If I had to choose a few problems I would choose the class of Reimann
Hypothesis/Siegel Zero type questions, the Schanuel conjecture, and finally trying
to generalize Iwaniec's result that there are infinitely many primes of the form
X^4 + Y^2.

Date Subject Author
2/4/99
Read 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Si Croall
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Nico Benschop
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Nathaniel Deeth
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Ingrid Voigt
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Nathaniel Deeth
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Ingrid Voigt
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
David C. Ullrich
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Tangent60
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Anthony Crawley
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Clive Tooth
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
modern life is rubbish
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
John R Ramsden
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
RobXXVIII
2/7/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
2/5/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Mark-Jason Dominus
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
xxyzz
2/6/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Richard Carr
2/10/99
Read Re: 21st Century 'Hilbert' problems
Gerry Myerson