The Math Forum

Topic: ADA?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Nov 24, 1999 4:55 PM

P.G.Hamer

Re: ADA?

Zeisel Helmut wrote:

> Is there much numerical analysis done in ADA?
> Could it be (at least in theory) an alternative to Fortran?
> Are there any serios performance measurments?
> Are there similiar problems like the aliasing problem in C/C++?

I think that the usual rule applies. Look to see what language people
adressing the same sort of problems as you have are using. Look to
see what the big mathematical library developers are using (eg see
netlib http://www.netlib.org & statlib http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/). Find
out
about compiler choice, availability, price, and performance in your
sort of application.

Peter

Date Subject Author
11/17/99